Tuesday 10 August 2010

Something for the weekend sir?

The August bank holiday weekend that is. Once again the annual Corris Model Railway and Toy Exhibition will be with us on the 28th, 29th and 30th of this month. For the second year running it will be held in the school in Corris, just across the car park from the Corris Railway station. Opening times are from 10:30 until 5:00 each day; by my reckoning there will be up to sixteen layouts or displays and seven trade stands present over the weekend though some may change over the three days. I'll be there for the whole of the weekend with Chwarel Bach, do say hello.

Make the most of the weekend and combine a visit to the exhibition with a trip on the Corris Railway itself. A journey along the line includes a tour round the operational hub of the line at Maespoeth. I may be biased but I believe the Corris to be one of the most quietly beautiful lines in Britain, certainly you won't find a friendlier welcome anywhere.


2 comments:

Ian Holmes said...

Blithering Heck! I'm going to miss it. I'll be hanging out in Llanberis from Sept 7-10th. That'll teach me...

Anonymous said...

I used to spend too many weeks each year playing on the Talyllyn. Should I wash my mouth out with soap and water?

Consequently - what a very entertaining blog! Thank you!

I was wondering if you fancied linking to my embryonic model railway blog about our partly-built extravagance?

http://derwentmidland.blogspot.com/