Wednesday 6 March 2019

Working wagon

Another stock project but this time for my York inspired OO gauge layout in the garage. It started off as a spare rtr chassis to which I added a plastic outrigger and a big lead weight on top.


Quite obviously it's not a scale model and what's the pen sticking out from it doing? It's all to do with baseboard construction. The garage layout baseboards were built with flat tops. These were covered in lining paper and track temporarily pinned down and altered bit by bit until I got an arrangement that I was happy with. The outrigger is set so that the pen marks the edge of the formation according to NER standards. This will define the edges of the mdf sections I'll cut to enable the tracks to be raised a couple of inches above the flat deck.


No comments: